We are no longer accepting applications for this position. Thank you for your interest.
If you are a person who enjoys negotiating cost-effective purchasing strategies and fostering long-term vendor relationships, consider a Purchasing Agent position with Viking Masek! Strong communication and independent decision-making skills coupled with ERP purchasing experience would make you the perfect candidate for this position.
We have a fun and relaxed workplace culture, solid benefits package, and significant opportunity for growth for the right person.
Join the team at Sheboygan County's Manufacturer of the Year today!
Application for United States only. Job openings in other locations, please click here.
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for working with the company’s supplies and products. They will create and maintain meaningful liaisons with vendors to assure constant procurement of supplies. The Purchasing Agent will oversee quality control with Viking’s respective vendors, manufacturers, and material providers. They are responsible for strategizing, analyzing and finding cost-effective vendors, deals and discover ways to cut procurement expenses, enforce accountability, and shape our vendors to our production needs.
Oostburg, WI - USA
Mon - Fri
7:00 AM - 4:00 PM (can be flexible)
Minimal to none.
Chief Operations Officer
for the Purchasing Agent opening
- Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, or Procurement and Contractual Management
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) a plus
- Ability to maintain a high quality of work while presented with competing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills
- Experience with ERP purchasing software equivalent to Epicor, SAP, or NetSuite
- Independent decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and negotiation skills
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Quality Control of all incoming product and materials
- Develop sourcing strategies
- Develop profitable purchasing strategies and company procedures
- Create Purchase Orders
- Assist in preparation of bidding documents
- Monitor all purchase requisitions and handle adjustments with vendors
- Communication with the Production and Service teams
- Work with engineering and other internal departments as needed
- Develops and maintains a professional business rapport with vendors
- Maintains records of items received
- Negotiate pricing, terms, lead times
- Decision-making aptitude with supplies
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Works with co-workers and vendors to resolve items
- Maintains records and documentation through company systems including ERP
- Performs risk management assessments