Field Service Technician
Are you looking for a career with an established company that provides hands-on training and almost unlimited learning opportunities? If so, consider a Field Service Technician position with Viking Masek! If you are a hands-on problem-solver with a strong technical aptitude and are willing to travel short term, this is the position for you!
We have a culture of good natured fun in the workplace, a solid benefits package, and significant opportunity for growth for the right person.
Join the team at Sheboygan County's Manufacturer of the Year today!
The role of the Field Service Technician is to set up, integrate, static check, power up and execute full system integration of VFFS and feed systems equipment both in the OEM manufacturing facility as well as the customer’s production facility.
Oostburg, WI - USA
Customer facilities across North America
Mon - Fri (varied schedule)
Travel required 80% annually and of the work week. May travel on weekends to arrive at the scheduled destination on time.
for the Field Service Technician opening
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to maintain high quality of work while presented with competing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Associate's degree in electromechanical technology and/or 1-3 years’ experience in a related field (these credentials are preferred, but not required)
- Technical aptitude
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in the installation of ancillary equipment mechanically and electrically.
- Performs static check out of equipment prior to power on.
- Processes set up and check out of equipment prior to shipment to customer facility.
- Installs and sets up equipment in the customer facility.
- Powers on and performs commissioning of equipment in the customer facility.
- Trains operators and maintenance technicians in the customer facility.
- Reads and interprets electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Understands and reads PLC logic.
- Makes decisions independently as well as part of a team.
- Learns, understands, and applies new technology.
- Demonstrates superior customer service, complaint resolution, and troubleshooting skills.
- Always sell the Viking Value Proposition.
- Attend Tradeshows when necessary from a Technical resource.
- Continuous improvement and industry training upkeep.