Mechanical Design Engineer
Unlock your potential as a Mechanical Design Engineer at Viking Masek, where innovation is your daily currency. Imagine a career where your ideas become tangible solutions, shaping the future of packaging machinery. You'll collaborate with a dynamic team, constantly pushing the boundaries of what's possible. At Viking Masek, your creativity is celebrated, your expertise is valued, and your growth knows no bounds.
But it's more than a job; it's a journey of innovation and achievement. Join us, and your designs will redefine industries, leaving an indelible mark on packaging technology. If you're ready to pioneer new technologies, push the envelope of innovation, and see your ideas come to life, then Viking Masek is your destination. Your career in packaging machinery innovation begins here.
We have a fun and relaxed workplace culture, solid benefits package, and significant opportunity for growth for the right person.
The Mechanical Design Engineer provides high level packaging equipment component and systems design services to facilitate the manufacture, assembly and commissioning of packaging equipment.
Oostburg, WI - USA
Mon - Fri
7:00 AM - 4:00 PM (can be flexible)
Occasional, as required.
Director of Engineering
for the Mechanical Design Engineer opening
- Education generally equivalent to a (4) year degree in a Mechanical Engineering program, or related discipline or equivalent experience and specialized training
- 1 to 5 years of mechanical design and documentation experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate design
- Ability to use various precision measuring instruments
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, PDM and various Viking Masek systems.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs and/or coordinates packaging equipment mechanical component and mechanical systems design services.
- Accurately and consistently applies engineering and manufacturing standards.
- Creates and maintains mechanical component and systems documentation, such as BOMs, spares, flow charts, part drawings, assembly drawings, and schematics.
- Provides support services relating to packaging equipment fabrication, assembly, checkout, and start-up.
- Provides OEM equipment and commercial item specification.
- Provides creative and accurate design solutions.
- Performs sizing and optimization analysis for making design recommendations.
- Defines and carries out testing to determine relevance of a given design to a customer’s need or product design.
- Manages or sustains design catalogs.
- Performs strength, sizing calculations, or other analytical techniques as needed in the design or modification of packaging equipment.
- Communicates mechanical design intent to other departments/functions, ensuring that their requirements are fulfilled in the mechanical design.
- Communicates with other departments/functions to resolve conflicts, deal with issues, and incorporate suggestions/decisions into mechanical designs.
- Obtains quotations from vendors and parts set-up in ERP system.
- Produces timely and detailed reports.
- Understands packaging machines and processes.
- Attends trade shows as a technical resource.
- Always sell the Viking Value Proposition.
- Attend Tradeshows when necessary, from a Technical resource.
- Continuous improvement and industry training upkeep.
- Occasionally works in proximity to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and/or reach above shoulders.
- May occasionally travel on company business.
- Adhere to company and departmental SOP’s.
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols.
- Willing to work with a team to troubleshoot problems.
- Team player that is a highly disciplined, problem-solver with a strong work ethic.
- Commitment, Accuracy, Accountability, Communication, Closure.