IT Support Specialist
If you have excellent interpersonal communication skills and excel at troubleshooting business information technologies, consider an IT Support Specialist position with Viking Masek! Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills coupled with IT support experience would make you the perfect candidate for this position.
We have a fun and relaxed workplace culture, solid benefits package, and significant opportunity for growth for the right person.
Join the team at Sheboygan County's Manufacturer of the Year today!
The IT Support Specialist will be responsible for configuration, installation, and maintenance of PCs. Duties will concentrate on help desk support, network printing, and providing support for laptops and industry-specific software.
Oostburg, WI - USA
Mon - Fri
7:30 AM - 4:00 PM (can be flexible)
Must be available for after-hours support.
Minimal to none.
for the IT Support Specialist opening
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years' experience providing onsite and/or remote support to end-users (will consider a strong candidate who has recently graduated with a 2-year computer support or related degree)
- A sound understanding of PC operating systems and TCP/IP
- Strong interpersonal skills to understand networking needs and problems
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical audiences
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Troubleshoots common IT problems
- Assists in the installation of computer hardware along with necessary software for daily operations
- Assists in the installation of computer peripheral hardware (printer, mouse, keyboard, etc.)
- Tracks IT hardware assets and software licenses, including renewal costs and dates
- Provides point-of-contact guidance to users on how to operate computer hardware and software
- Assists in the setup of client-side networking protocol usage for daily users (FTP, Remote Desktop, SharePoint, shared network drives)
- Manages company cell phone plans, the purchase of new cell phones & accessories as needed
- Manages the inventory of company laptops, computers, cell phones, and desk phones
- Maintains the Mitel phone software
- Performs basic computer system optimization as necessary
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Ensures anti-virus software is installed, properly configured, regularly updated and working properly on PC and server stations
- Tests computers and ensures that computer systems are functioning properly
- Identifies and solves any problems that affect computer operating systems
- Provides after-hours support