Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
If you love the idea of leading a design team to manufacture creative equipment solutions to address client challenges, consider a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer position with Viking Masek! Strong multi-tasking, analytical, and interpersonal relations skills coupled with a 4-year Mechanical Design degree would make you the perfect candidate for this position.
We have a fun and relaxed workplace culture, solid benefits package, and significant opportunity for growth for the right person.
Join the team at a Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Top Workplace and Sheboygan County's Manufacturer of the Year today!
Application for United States only. Job openings in other locations, please click here.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer provides packaging equipment component and systems design services to facilitate the manufacture, assembly, and commissioning of packaging equipment. Functions as a lead worker to guide the work activities of mechanical designers and engineers.
Oostburg, WI - USA
Mon - Fri
7:00 AM - 4:00 PM (can be flexible)
Occasionally, as required.
Director of Engineering
for the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer opening
- Education generally equivalent to a (4) year degree in a Mechanical Engineering program, or related discipline or equivalent experience and specialized training
- 3 plus years of mechanical design and documentation experience
- Extensive experience working on engineering projects
- Superb creativity, vision, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to make decisions in high-stress situations
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate design
- Ability to use various precision measuring instruments
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, PDM, and various Viking Masek systems
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs and/or coordinates packaging equipment mechanical component and mechanical systems design services.
- Accurately and consistently applies engineering and manufacturing standards.
- Creates and maintains mechanical component and systems documentation, such as BOMs, spares, flow charts, part drawings, assembly drawings, and schematics.
- Provides support services relating to packaging equipment fabrication, assembly, checkout, and start-up.
- Constantly upskills themselves and is able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Analyzes problems and coming up with designs to solve them.
- Analyzes data to write up reports.
- Attends meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides OEM equipment and commercial item specification.
- Functions as a lead worker giving guidance to Designers and Engineers.
- Leads design teams with technical guidance for decision making
- Designs and develops new processes. Provides problem-solving and technical expertise. Conducts research relating to advancing or emerging technologies. Defines process sequence and layout.
- Performs sizing and optimization analysis for making design recommendations. Defines and carries out testing to determine relevance of a given design to a customer’s need or product design.
- Manages or sustains design catalogs.
- Performs strength, sizing calculations or other analytical techniques as needed in the design or modification of packaging equipment.
- Communicates mechanical design intent to other departments/functions, ensures that their requirements are fulfilled in the mechanical design.
- Communicates with other departments/functions to resolve conflicts, deals with issues, and incorporates suggestions/decisions into mechanical designs.
- Obtains quotations from vendors and parts set-up in ERP system.
- Understands packaging machines and processes.
- Attends trade shows when needed as a technical resource.