Shop Floor Technician
We are no longer accepting applications for this position. Thank you for your interest.
If you are a person who enjoys problem-solving and working with cross-functional teams to achieve customer goals, this position may be for you. Strong organizational and prioritizing skills coupled with technical and mechanical aptitude would make you the perfect candidate for this position.
We have a fun and relaxed workplace culture, an attractive benefits package, competitive wages, and significant opportunity for growth for the right person.
Join the team at Sheboygan County's Manufacturer of the Year today!
Application for United States only. Job openings in other locations, please click here.
The role of a Shop Floor Technician is to perform assembly, mechanical machine set up, light wiring, check out, training, factory acceptance tests (FAT), and coordinate customer demos. Compliance to company ERP system is expected to assist with production and project work reporting, managing job tasks and helping the organization keep the customer database in pristine condition. This role is responsible for understanding the company and customer technical needs to achieve company and customer goals. Responsibilities for this position also include establishing and maintaining industry and company technical knowledge and working with Project Managers and cross-functional teams to solve an organization's technical challenges. This person will become an expert in the industry, packaging machines, and technical skillsets.
Oostburg, WI - USA
Mon - Fri | 7:00AM - 3:30PM
1/2 hour unpaid lunch
(can be flexible)
Travel may be required 5-10% annually.
for the Shop Floor Technician opening
- Valid Driver’s License required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Technical Diploma preferred, Bachelor's Degree a plus
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- General computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Familiarity with ERP systems
- Ability to read electrical schematics
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical wiring
- Mechanical proficiencies
- Strong organizational and teamwork skills
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Compliance with machine production schedule
- Compliance with machine scope of work
- Accepts daily responsibilities on shop floor
- Communication with the Production and Service teams
- Works with internal departments as needed
- Maintains technical and operational documentation
- Study and standardize procedures to improve the efficiency of Technical Services team
- Provide service and customer support during field visits or dispatches
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols
- Cooperate with technical team and share information across the organization
- Build positive relationships with customers
- Comprehend Production Manager direction and make appropriate recommendations
- Willing to work with a team to troubleshoot problems
- Responsible for Factory Acceptance Tests and Demo’s for sales