Director of Business Operations
We are no longer accepting applications for this position. See our current openings here! Open positions
Are you a natural born leader? Do you consistently demonstrate strong leadership skills and prioritize accountability? If you are an experienced team player with industry knowledge consider applying for this position at Viking Masek Robotics & Automation.
Join the team at a Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Top Workplace and Sheboygan County's Manufacturer of the Year today!
Application for United States only. Job openings in other locations, please click here.
The Director of Business Operations is responsible for directing the business strategy of the organization, its execution, and the oversight of daily operations. This professional will improve operational efficiency throughout the organization while creating team consensus and unity when setting goals or resolving conflicts, and eliminating productivity barriers. The Director of Business Operations is central in the creation of proactive strategies for the company as well as the day-to-day business operations.
New Berlin, WI - USA
Travel is required approximately 10% of the job.
Travel is anticipated for this position, typically within a 400-mile radius of the metropolitan Milwaukee area. Occasional overnight travel may be necessary. Some occasional local day travel may be necessary.
for the Director of Business Operations opening
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Focuses on proactive planning, goal setting and organizational direction in the support of company goals.
- Oversees day-to-day operations to support growth and add to the bottom line.
- Focuses on strategic planning, goal setting and direct the operations of the company in support of its goals.
- Develops and measures progress through metrics and tangible goals.
- Formulates and enforces policies and strategic plans for organizational sustainability and growth.
- Manages daily operations of mid-level management personnel.
- Organizes and oversees the work and schedules of departmental managers.
- Develops and monitors departmental and cross-functional metrics and goals.
- Oversees and is responsible for company enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, completeness, accuracy, and effectiveness.
- Ensures that policies are adhered to or provide safe and profitable alternative paths.
- Works closely with other department (business area) directors.
- Develops and oversees Engineering, Software Development, Project Management, Production, Shipping and Receiving, Service and Parts.
- Generates and maintains capacity planning methods.
- Communicates strategies and company objectives.
- Acts as a liaison with department heads to develop plans and ensure company-wide operational compliance.
- Orients, coaches, and trains mid-level management staff by monitoring and enforcing accountability.
- Evaluates and improves systems and processes to effectively meet project requirements and profitability goals.
- Ensures safety and quality measures.
- Implements staffing strategies.
- Identifies and builds actionable plans that are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time based (SMART) goals based on the business needs.
- Reduces costs in production and manufacturing.
- Optimizes business workflows and seeks efficiencies on a regular basis.
- Maximizes production rates without comprising quality.
Follows all safety rules, such as safe work practices and standard operating procedures.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to understand and execute on processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Microsoft SharePoint, Excel, Teams, etc.
Self-motivated and flexible attitude
- Exceptional communication skills
Commitment, Accuracy, Accountability, Communication, Closure
Positive and Supportive Attitude
Understand the Company and department processes
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- 5+ years experience in operations, management, or similar executive role.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous customer service or sales experience.
- Experience with automation or manufacturing processes.
- Positive and Supportive Attitude.
Demonstrated ability to understand and execute processes.
Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Microsoft SharePoint, Excel, Teams, etc.
- Team player
- Ability to work independtly, as well as in a team environment.
- Self-motivated and flexible attitude.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Strong computer and mathematical skills
- Experience managing people and teams.
- Ability to identify weak spots in a process to improve effficiency and then execute.
- Planning and project management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to balance critical priorities.
- Make a difference within the company, contributing to the overall organization.
- Strong work ethic.
Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Able to use close vision, distance vision, depth perception, color determination, and adjustment of focus.
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, and hear.
Occasionally required to bend, twist, climb, kneel and balance.
Occasionally required to use hands to grasp, reach and operate objects, tools, or controls.
Occasional exposure to a production environment
Must comply with any safety or PPE requirements.