Electrical Assembly Technician
Are you looking for a career with an established company that makes use of your strong technical skills and provides almost unlimited learning opportunities? If so, consider an Electrical Assembly Technician position with Viking Masek! If you are a hands-on problem-solver with electrical wiring experience, this is the position for you!
We have fun and relaxed workplace culture, a solid benefits package, and significant opportunity for growth for the right person.
Join the team at Sheboygan County's Manufacturer of the Year today!
The role of the Electrical Assembly Technician is to perform assembly, electrical wiring, machine set up, check out, and training. This individual will work within the company ERP system to assist with production and project work reporting, managing job tasks, and helping the organization keep the customer database in pristine condition. This role is responsible for understanding electrical and technical needs to achieve company and customer goals. Responsibilities for this position also include establishing and maintaining industry and technical knowledge and working with Project Managers and cross-functional teams.
Oostburg, WI - USA
Mon - Fri
7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Travel required 5-10% annually.
for the Electrical Assembly Technician opening
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to maintain high quality of work while presented with competing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- 2 years of technical school and/or 3 - 5 years of job-related experience
- Technical aptitude
- Mechanical proficiencies
- Familiarity with computers and ERP systems
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Compliance with machine production schedule and scope of work
- Accepts daily responsibilities on shop floor
- Communicates with the Production and Service teams
- Maintains technical and operational documentation
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of Technical Services team
- Comprehends Production Manager direction and makes appropriate recommendations
- Reads and installs electrical schematics
- Monitors and tests various electrical systems and equipment
- Maintains accountability and serviceability of all electrical related tasks
- Develops and maintains electrical processes to evaluate quality or performance
- Records and reports all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences, as well as the time and materials expended on work orders
- Ensure compliance with NEC, UL, and applicable regulations
- Properly reads blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams
- Provides power and controls to motors and other equipment
- Troubleshoots and repairs all systems
- Performs preventative maintenance on variable frequency drives (VFD’s), motors, pumps, generators, etc.
- Utilizes blueprints, wiring diagrams, and manufacturer’s installation manuals to complete assigned projects
- Follows all company’s filed procedures and protocols
- Performs other duties as assigned